Sunday, August 25, 2013
Thursday, August 1, 2013
The San Diego Modern Quilt Guild is excited about Heather's new quilting cotton fabric line, Briar Rose. To celebrate her return to quilting cottons, the challenge will be to use Heather Ross fabrics in a fussy cut manner to create a project, and then enter it for a chance to win a prize!
1. The item must feature Heather Ross fabrics (any of her lines is okay). You don’t need to use Briar Rose fabrics, but we’d sure like it if you did!
2. The item must feature fussy cut components of Heather’s fabrics.
3. You may add other fabrics to compliment her fabrics.
4. One project per person (choose either the Small/Mini category or the Large category)
5. The item can be anything (quilt, clothing, bag, etc.)
6. You must upload a photo of your item by November 30, 2013 8:00 pm Pacific Time at www.flickr.com/groups/2224870@N25/pool/ (you must join the Flickr group in order to post a photo)
7. Note which category you are entering in the details of the photo and include any pertinent information such as dimensions.
Small/Mini: maximum side length of 24″
Large: 36″ minimum on one side
We are thrilled that none other than Heather Ross herself will be the judge! Yes, you read that right! She will judge after November 30, 2013 and winners will be announced at a future date.
Small/Mini: mini charm pack of out of print Heather Ross fabrics
Large: charm pack of out of print Heather Ross fabrics
We are working on getting some other donations. Additional prize items will be announced when available.
A limited supply of Heather Ross scrap packs will be available for dues paying members (first come, first served) – come to the August meeting to get yours!
Flickr Discussion at http://www.flickr.com/groups/sdmqg/discuss/72157634884574432